Honey Nutmeg Eggless Cake


My search for a spring form pan ended right in my neighborhood store where I did not expect. It is not a high end store or anything like that. Had a few steel boxes and plastic ware etc and two Ghidini Spring Form pans. Celebrating my all new cake pan and more importantly that I got it right next door - a moist, aromatic eggless cake. I know I am sounding like the hosts or cooks on the TV shows. And when you read the details you will know how I "grilled" the cake.


Ingredients:
  1. Maida/All purpose floor  - 2 cups
  2. Milk Powder - 1/2 cup
  3. Sweetened Condensed Milk - 1/2 cup
  4. Honey - 1/2 cup
  5. Ghee - 2 tsp
  6. Baking powder - 1tsp
  7. Cooking soda  - 1/2 tsp
  8. Grated Nutmeg - 1/tsp - optional
  9. Vanilla Essence - 1tsp
  10. Water or milk - 1/2 cup

Method:
  1. Take the short cut - dump everything listed above into food processor. I used my regular mixie with the dough hook attachment. No sifting nothing.
  2. Grease the pan and spread the cake batter. I used my beautiful spring form pan.
  3. At this point I realized that the convection oven option is not working.
  4. I choose the grill + heating from the bottom option. Not sure what this method is called. Set the timer for 7 minutes. Keep watching and turn it off before that time if in doubt.
  5. In a pan heat 1tbsp condensed milk and 1tbsp honey with 2/3 drops of vanilla essence - just heat.
  6. Once the cake is done, prick with a folk and pour the warm milk and honey mixture.
  7. Tastes best next day, but as I could not resist, I had a nice warm slice with coffee.
 
Method:
  1. The nutmeg flavor was not to everyone's liking. For a more universal cake, go with the vanilla essence. 
  2. All local brands were used. To cultivate my snobbism, I will try and replace the vanilla from the bottle with the vanilla from the bean.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment